Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

The kids went "all out" for Father's day this year. They started a few days early with a restaurant, complete with costumes and yummy food. Then on Sunday, we gave Shane a certificate for a pocket knife that he had been hinting about. Shane was pretty touched that the kids had each pitched in $10 of their own, hard-earned cash for it.
I had fun making gifts for my dad and Shane's step-dad. I made this candy bar poster for my dad. It was a little cheesy, but I think he liked it.For John, I made a cute paper wallet. I put some pictures of us on the inside and also a gift card. I wish I had taken a picture of it!

Happy Father's Day!!

4 comments:

hillari said...

That is dang cute! I love the restaurant with mustaches. How fun. Your poster is really a cool idea. I might use it next year...

Audrey said...

I love candy bar posters. They are so funny. I'm surprised that it wasn't crude though. Looks like Shane had a fun fathers day!

PS. about Shane being a grump on your campout....it doesn't get any better. It's what working at the plant does to them...

Ashlee said...

I had a fun time talking to you too :) It was fun to get to know you and see your cute kids :) Go ahead and put our blog on yours and the Evans blog :)

Snick said...

I like the candybar poster, Vick!! The kids are cute in their restaurant with their mustaches.